The Reef Octopus Light Reactor is a natural filter which utilizes macroalgae like Chaetomorpha to absorb and remove algae-producing nutrients from your aquarium’s water. As macro algae grows, it will consume nutrients in the water. Once you harvest the macro algae, the nutrients are then removed from your system.
Besides being a all natural approach to filtration, Algae reactors also provide a safe haven for copepods and Amphipods.
The Reef Octopus Light Reactor’s unique triangular waterproof LED light (IP67 Certified) strip inside the reactor maximizes light exposure for the algae with 360 degree coverage, aiding growth and nutrient consumption. The close proximity of the high-output LED strip gets as much light to the macro algae as possible and quickly grows the macro algae.
Light Reactor Features
- A unique and safe method of natural filtration
- Greatly helps remove algae-producing nutrients from water naturally
- Perfect safe haven for copepods and amphipods to reproduce and naturally feed the aquarium
- Unique Triangular LED Strip for 360 degrees coverage
- Inner LEDs provide safe high quality lighting
- Stabilizes pH and and lowers dissolved CO2 levels
- Low wattage and safe operation with heat sink
- Integrated algae containment plates
- Can be installed externally or in-sump
Reef Octopus LR-200 Specifications
Tank Volume: 100-260gal*
Body Diameter: 8in
Total Height: 20in
Footprint: 11.2 x 10.5in
LED Power: 20w
Circulation Pump: AQ-2000
Input Fittings: 5/8in barb / 1/2in PVC
Output Fittings: 3/4in barb / 1in barb / 3/4in PVC
Aquatrance 2000 Circulation Pump Specifications
Max Head: 7ft
Max Flow Rate: 580gph
*The size of light reactor your aquarium requires will vary depending on the amount of nutrient reduction needed. We suggest using the largest Light Reactor you can fit in or around your sump.