Build The Perfect Aquascape
Aquaforest AF Rock is an all-natural and sustainable live rock alternative that provides all of the benefits of live rock without any of the drawbacks. Unlike other man-made ocean rock alternatives that look oddly artificial and lack the porosity needed for efficient biological filtration, AF Rock looks like it was just pulled from the ocean. It has been thoroughly tested in the laboratory and is proven to be an ideal medium for bacteria settlement. It also helps stabilize the pH and KH of water which makes corals grow faster.
What You’ll Love About AF Rock
- 100% natural live rock alternative (not taken from the sea!)
- 100% pest and hitchhiker-free
- Lightweight and super porous
- Helps aid biological filtration
- Crevices for fish and inverts to hide
- Looks like coralline algae is already encrusted
- Stabilizes pH and KH for better coral growth
- Safe for saltwater, marine, and reef aquariums
- Safe for freshwater aquariums with a pH above 7.0
- Easy to stack and affix together to create a natural-looking reef
Eco-Friendly and Completely Reef Safe
Aquaforest AF Rock is a 100% natural live rock alternative that is safe to use in all saltwater aquariums and reef tanks. This rock has not been removed from a coral reef or the ocean at all for that matter. It is made hand-made by a skilled artisan so no two pieces of rock are alike. You can feel good about the fact that you’re using a rock that hasn’t been taken out of its natural environment and no harm has come to living coral reefs. High-quality, ecologically-safe pigments have been carefully applied to give the appearance of natural reef rock. Splashes of pink, purple, and magenta are applied sparingly so the rock looks like it has coralline algae already encrusted on it. The rock gains even more purple coloration once wet.
An Excellent Medium for Biological Filtration
Aquaforest AF Rock has an outstanding weight-to-volume ratio. Its highly-porous structure supports the biochemical processes of the aquarium nitrogen cycle. The result is you get more rock and bio-filtration capacity for a lower price. You’ll also require less rock to aquascape your tank. AF Rock is extremely porous with plenty of surface area to grow beneficial nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria. These processes guarantee the long-term biological balance of an aquarium and keep water parameters stable which facilitates a flourishing marine ecosystem. If you’re setting up a new tank, you’ll appreciate a faster maturation period so you can add livestock faster than you may be accustomed to using other rock. To jumpstart your tank even faster, add Aquaforest Bio S which contains nitrifying bacteria ideal for start-up and ammonia reduction.
100% Hitchhiker Free—Guaranteed
You don’t have to worry about introducing pests, plagues, or parasites into your tank. AF Rock is guaranteed to be free of nuisance algae, aiptasia, flatworms, red bugs, pyramidellid snails, and other common aquarium pests. Live rock has the potential to bring with it dinoflagellates, bryopsis, AEFW, crabs, and a whole lot more. You have enough things to worry about to maintain a successful saltwater aquarium. With AF Rock, pests won’t be one of them.
Lab Tested and Proven to Help Stabilize Parameters
AF Rock helps maintain pH (potential Hydrogen) and KH (Alkalinity) which speeds skeletal calcification, meaning you’ll grow corals faster than ever with harder, healthier skeletons. AF Rock has been thoroughly tested in the laboratory and does not leach or release any undesirable chemicals or contaminants, nor does it disrupt the aquarium nitrogen cycle when added to an established tank.
Cut, Break, and Attach Rock Together As You See Fit
AF Rock is super easy to work with. You can cut it with a saw or break it with your hands or a hammer to create your own perfect pieces. You can also attach rock together using AF Stone Fix to create overhangs, shelves, and caves or to simply secure your aquascape together once you’re happy with your rock arrangement.
Freshwater Aquarium Tips and Suggestions Before Use
- AF Rock can actually be used in freshwater aquariums as well as long as the pH level is above 7.0.
- Although AF Rock has been pre-rinsed and is very clean, we recommend rinsing it again in RO (reverse osmosis) water before placing it in your aquarium to remove any dust that may have been created during the shipping process.
- Since AF Rock is so lightweight and porous, it’s possible some pieces may break during transport. The good news is this is an easy fix: you can re-attach the rock fragments together using AF Stone Fix.