Up Aqua CO2 Regulator – Adjustable Valve + 1 Gauge
“The UA-152 (UA258) is a pro level regulator for people on a budget. If you your budget allows, step up to this version with the solenoid valve. It will last you years! Do not hesitate to use the more economical UA-166G (UA129), because having CO2 is crucial to success.” – Ralph Cabage
– Universal high pressure CO2 regulator
– Designed with fixed decompression pressure gate for stable and accurate CO2 output that is easy to adjust with needle valve
– Comes with removable connector so regulator can be used with disposable cartridges, refillable cartridges as well as optional Hydra Aquatics Paintball Adapter (HA-150 or HYD119)
– Can be used on both side mount and top mount CGA320 (standard US CO2 thread) CO2 cylinders
– Includes patented low heat solenoid valve that enables regulator to be operated with a timer for the professional aquarist
– Designed to be highly affective and energy efficient
– Perfect for extended use, this unit is silent and does not produce excess heat
– Made with CE and PSE international patent for safety assurance
– Tool-free installation
– Built-in needle valve
– Fixed outlet pressure is 45psi
Up Aqua’s CO2 Regulator with Adjustable Valve and 1 Gauge allows the ability to put a CO2 system on a timer or use with a controller. This regulator is designed with an easily adjustable pressure valve for stable and accurate CO2 output.
The connector that is included can be removed and unit can function with disposable cartridges. The patented magnetic solenoid valve allows for professional use with high efficiency. The design is perfect for extended use: it saves energy, does not produce heat, and operates silently.
Up Aqua’s regulators have been voted Best in Class for multiple years running.
Important Info: Use teflon tape on any fitting that does not seal with a gasket or o-ring.
Warranty: All regulators shall be covered by a 1 year limited warranty from date of purchase.
Made in Taiwan
Components needed for your CO2 system:
Diffuser or Reactor
CO2 Continuous Tester or Drop Checker
CO2 is one of the most important elements in a planted aquarium. Without CO2, plants would not be as vibrant and healthy. CO2 is as essential along with proper lighting and nutrients to promote proper photosynthesis and help plants compete with and overcome algae. During photosynthesis, plants consume CO2 and certain macro/micro elements to produce simple sugars. This is the basic building block in which a plant would grow. When one of these elements is missing, plant growth comes to a standstill. For more information on those elements, https://sevenports.com/2018/08/15/aqualifes-new-planted-tank-line/.
Carbon dioxide in an aquarium is typically introduced by using a pressurized cylinder. The cylinder is controlled by a regulator or valve and a needle valve. Some units include solenoid valves, or they can be added later. With a solenoid valve the CO2 can be turned off at night with a simple light timer. Plants do not consume carbon dioxide during the night. This conserves carbon dioxide and reduces any chance of a drop in pH during the night cycle. Pressurized CO2 is the perfect solution for hobbyists.
The regulator is the most important component of any CO2 system. The pressure in a gas cylinder can be over 700 psi which is too high for safe use. The regulator reduces the pressure of the tank to a safe, usable level. The CO2 travels through a needle valve after the regulator and then to a check valve that prevents water from back siphoning from the aquarium. After the check valve, a bubble counter is needed. These are not only intriguing, but also provide a visual aid to determining the amount of CO2 entering the system. Up Aqua also offers regulator mounted CO2 Brass Bubble Counter with built in Check Valve (UA-169 or UA131).