Compact In-Sump Skimmer for Aquariums up to 700 Gallons
Footprint: 15.2″ x 13″ | Reaction Chamber: 12″ | Height: 25.6″
Controllable Pump: Reef Octopus 36V VarioS-6S
300-SSS Space Saving Protein Skimmer with Advanced Control
The new and innovative Reef Octopus Regal 300-SSS in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 700 gallons where sump space may be limited. The Reef Octopus Regal 300-SSS is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its hybrid conical body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises.
This Regal skimmer is equipped with a new generation Reef Octopus controllable Direct Current VarioS 6S pinwheel skimmer pump which is the latest in variable speed flow technology and allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency. The vast majority of skimmer pumps available to hobbyists are alternating current “AC” pumps (the type of power that comes out of your wall outlet). Direct current pumps have several key advantages over traditional AC pumps. Most notably, you can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control air and water flow rates into the skimmer. Now the user can have the skimmer process more or less water just by the push of a button!!!
The bioload of an aquarium refers to its ability to process waste in proportion to tank volume. Protein skimmers work best when properly matched with the bioload of the system.
- HEAVY LOAD- 500 GALLONS
- MEDIUM LOAD- 600 GALLONS
- LIGHT LOAD- 700 GALLONS
Regal 300SSS Features
- Small Footprint– Saves Sump Space
- Solid Cast Acrylic Construction
- High-Performance VarioS Skimmer Pump
- Safe and Efficient 36V Power
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- Skimmer Disassembles for Easy Cleaning
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60-minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump features a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump‘s output orientation in 90-degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
Regal 300SSS Technical Specs
Footprint: 15.2in x 13in
Neck Size: 7in
Total Height: 25.6in
Output Size: 50mm/1.5in
Water Height: 8 – 10in
Reef Octopus VarioS Controllable Pinwheel Pump
Power Consumption: 35-70watts
DC Voltage: 24V
Air Draw: 1200-2400lph / 42-84 SCFH*
Max Water Draw:528gph
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup