Reef Depth Spectrum System SPECTRA SP200
This is the LED coral growing light you’ve been waiting for, with a reef depth spectrum that meets the rigorous demands of aquariums and research facilities!
- Depth Spectrum 0-30m (Spectrum intensity Safe)
- PPFD FLAT Distribution (New V-beam Reflectors)
- Lunar Function (Realistic Ray Intensity)
- Thunder Schedule (Up to 3 mixed)
- Connection via Router * Up to 10 units
- Synchronized by WiFi * Up to 3 units (+Apps)
- OLED & All Functions can be operated by the Unit
- Advanced Apps (iOS/Android)
- Variable Drive (1W/2W/3W Drive)
- 95mm Large Fans with Removable Fan Covers
- High-Quality LEDS×70 (74 chips)
- 8 Channel Dimmer
- Thermal Protection (With Emergency Stop)
Reproducing the water quality of a coral reef is very time-consuming…
That’s why we want to make coral reef ambient light reproduction an easy task!
With SPECTRA, it’s very easy to create the correct reef depth spectrum!
Since SPECTRA comes pre-installed with the reef depth spectra from 0-30m,
you can easily set the specific depth spectra, by selecting the depth at which the coral was collected, or grown in captivity under!
This alone is enough for coral photosynthesis, and easily provides the right light environment.
On top of that, if you want to make the coral colors “pop”,
determine whether the color is fluorescent protein, or chromoprotein,
and then arrange the default depth spectrum appropriately.
Example: CFP (Cyan fluorescent protein) → Increase the UV/Violet channel by 10-20%.
Example: BFP (Blue fluorescent protein) → Increase the UV/Violet channel by 20-30%.
SPECTRA reef depth spectrum allows you to customize the wavelength intensity to suit the desired coral color.
In addition, SPECTRA depth spectrum is equipped with a mechanism that automatically preserves
the blue-band (400-500nm) wavelength intensity common to all depths,
so that the amount of light in the deep field does not exceed the amount of light in the shallow field.
This is the first care function for the coral-friendly SPECTRA.
* Avoid extreme wavelength intensity, as excessive wavelength intensity can cause photoinhibition and bleaching.
SPECTRA’s depth spectrum is aquarist/ user friendly.
SPECTRA has two dimming systems, “Simple Dimmer (based on depth)” and “Expert Dimmer (for professionals)”,
but unless you are familiar with coral pigments, you won’t know what wavelengths to use and which intensity to use,
and the same is true for other lights.
In this regard, SPECTRA can first set a rough depth of water with simple dimming, and then arrange
it appropriately with expert dimming to achieve the optimal light environment.
SPECTRA has succeeded in the original development of an optical reflector that has an infinitely
flat light intensity distribution with less light intensity loss than conventional optical lens systems.
It is called a “V-beam reflector”.
Its characteristics are exactly like a T5 fluorescent lamp,
and the inherent contrast difference between light and dark LEDS has been largely eliminated.
For example, take a look at the graph below.
The left is the light intensity distribution of the old KR93SP and the right is the SPECTRA.
You can see that the light intensity distribution of the third row of 60cm (purple) has been improved to infinitely flat.
* In fact the light distribution from a depth of water shallower than “60cm” will be uniform because of the reflections obtained on the aquarium glass surface.
The light reaches every corner of the tank by using the reflection of the aquariums glass surface
to illuminate every part of the aquarium evenly, and the light hits the sides and front of the coral,
promoting beautiful pigmentation throughout the coral.
Secondly, because strong light is not concentrated directly underneath the lighting,
coral does not suffer from light inhibition, bleaching, or other “burn” phenomena,
even if the coral is placed directly underneath the lighting.
This is the second care function for the coral-friendly SPECTRA.
* On the other hand, the whole tank will be brighter, so you may need to be creative about where to place the LPS.
SPECTRA also paid a lot of attention to lunar rays.
What a great way to reproduce the brightness of realistic lunar rays!
During normal operation, SPECTRA is controlled as a “percentage (0-100%)”,
but during moonlighting it is controlled as a “basis point (0.00-100.00%)”
(a second decimal place is also displayed on the LCD panel).
This mechanism allows the correct lunar ray spectrum to be illuminated
even with a faint lunar ray setting of 1 lux brightness.
This is the third care function for the coral-friendly SPECTRA.
* The depth spectrum of your choice can be assigned to the lunar spectrum.
By adding a UVA 370nm wavelength to SPECTRA,
full-spectrum sunlight, which also covers UV rays, can be reproduced.
The 400-700nm range of visible light is assigned to SPECTRA,
and the 350-400nm UVA region is assigned to VitalWave UVA370.
This makes it possible to meet the light requirements of all photosynthetic organisms at a high level,
not only terrestrial plants, but also aquatic plants, sea grasses and corals.
The UVA region is a wavelength that has a significant impact on pigmentation, mainly as a UV defense,
promoting redness, such as anthocyanin in terrestrial plants and fluorescent protein
and pigmentation responses in corals.
The thunder scheduling feature has three presets, each of which can be configured with an interval of occurrence,
time of occurrence, and number of flashes, so that complex lightning effects can be reproduced when used together.
* The thunder spectrum can be assigned to the depth spectrum of your choice.
Router Connection Function
If you use your home WiFi router, you can control up to 10 SPECTRA units from your smartphone.
Also, since it is via the router, you can operate it while you are on the Internet.
* Please use the 2.4GHz band as the 5GHz band is not supported.
Even if you don’t have a WiFi router at home, SPECTRA can synchronize 1 parent device(Master)
with 4 children(Slave *including smartphones) via WiFi communication.
* If you want to operate with 2 smartphones, you can operate up to 2 SPECTRA.
* Just by setting the dependency, that unit becomes a child(Slave) that synchronizes with the parent(Master).
It is possible to increase or decrease the brightness of the entire lighting in three levels
without changing the pre set programs. For example, if you change the installation height of the light,
you would normally have to change all the dimmers for each stage of the auto setting,
but use the variable drive function, you can switch the product’s power consumption
to 70W mode, 140W mode, and 200W mode.
Since the power consumption of the SPECTRA is up to 200W,
two large 95mm fans are installed to ensure both airflow, and whisper quiet operation.
Also, the fans do not rotate constantly, but instead monitor the heat sink temperature and activate when it exceeds 35 degrees celcius.
In addition, the fan covers are detachable, so that they can be washed in purified water, when cleaning dust from the fans.
App name : “ECOPTO-SP”
Operating Environment : iOS 9.0 and above / Android 4.4 and above
* “ECOPTO” is an app for VitalWave.
* Even if you don’t have a smartphone, all functions are available at the button on the unit.
(except for a few function)
|On Panel, APP(Android/iOS)
|18inch / Silver, Black
|Auto, Manual, Thunder, Demo, (Synchronization)
|0-30m (1m step) * Full wavelength adjustable
|UV : 405-410nm
Violet : 430-435nm
DeepBlue : 450-455nm
Blue : 470-475nm
Cyan : 495-500nm
DeepRed : 660+680nm
CoolWhite : 7000-8000K
NeutralWhite : 4000-4500K
|2.9 kg (GROSS 5.5 kg)
|Cree, LITE-ON, Epileds
|80° V-Beam Reflector
|1W Drive(70W), 2W Drive(140W), 3W Drive(200W)
|Reef Depth Spectrum, Lunar, Thunder
|FCC, UL, CE, PSE, MIC
Wrench×2,Tank Bracket×2, Stand Arm×4,
Wire kit×2, USB cable,
|mini USB (for Firmware update)
- SPECTRA SP200 User’s Guide ver 1.8EN [A3 Double-sided printing]
- SPECTRA SP200 Time Table Paper [A4 Printing]
- Both channels use LED emitters that emit very strong light energy, so never look directly into the light.
A risk of blindness may occur!
- Use at a position and angle so that children will not look directly at the light when looking up.
Use of a side canopy is recommended.
- Although the UV/Violet channels may not seem too bright at first glance,
they emit very strong light energy and should never be looked at directly.
In particular, the UV channel contains strong UV components that are invisible
to the naked eye, and may cause blindness if you look directly into the light!
- Do not cover the luminous surface during operation,
or place the luminous surface face down on the floor or table.
The acrylic sheet on the luminescent surface may melt or, in the worst case, may cause a fire.
- This unit is not designed to be waterproof, so be careful not to submerge it in water, or expose it to excessive water. This will void warranty.
- If the LCD panel of the unit is blinking, the thermal protection may have been activated.
In this case, please check if there is dust, or a foreign object clogging the fan screen cover or blocking the heat dissipation
and try to remedy it.
Once cleaned/ corrected, press any button on the unit, and the blinking will stop.